Twice every year Epworth sells more than 700 homemade pasties to the community to raise money for church expenses. But we can’t do this alone! We need volunteers to help chop, mix up dough or help out in the kitchens. Check out some of the needs below and sign up to volunteer – we’ll reach out soon with your assignment.
The week before
- Chopping Carrots (up to 50 lbs but this can be split)
- Chopping Rutabagas (25 lbs)
- Mixing up the flour and shortening for the dough
Friday, March 6, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Chopping Potatoes, Celery, and Peppers
Saturday, March 7
At home and live near the church? Volunteer your oven for baking!
- Help out in the kitchen (8 a.m. – 4 p.m.)- you can come for an hour or all day or anything in-between
- Helping out bag the pasties and fill the orders (10 a.m. – 5 p.m.) – you can come for an hour or all day or anything in-between
- You can help in the kitchen and order filling areas, alternating your time if you choose